- • Virgin Active Adult members (over the age of 18 years) can participate in the Virgin Active Quest and stand in line to win fantastic monthly lucky draw prizes, as well as entry into the grand prize draw.
- • Members will need to register, choose a goal and engage via the Quest whatsapp process to record their progress during the Quest. This will be by winning badges and performing active and booster tasks specified.
- • Participants will have to collect at least 6 badges to qualify for entry into the grand prize draw.
- • To earn a badge, participants will need to get 60 points in a week.
- • Therefore, to get all 6 badges, a participant will need to complete 6 weeks of 60 points.
- • These do not have to be consecutive weeks, they can be spread across the duration of the campaign.
Monthly and weekly prizes:
- • Participants will need to get more than 45 points in a week to go into the draw for that months prizes.
- • The prizes members can win include the following:
o Grand prize of R1 million Rand cash: This prize draw will take place at the end of the Quest campaign period, subject to the winner having participated in and successfully completed at least one 6 week challenge of 60 points. For each 6 week challenge completed, members receive an additional entry into this grand prize draw.
o Monthly prizes will be announced each month.
- • Members will be automatically entered into the monthly lucky draw for the prizes based on their achievements in the Quest as well as the Grand Draw for the overall grand prize.
- • Specific Ts and Cs apply to monthly prizes. Refer to the Virgin Active website (www.virginactive.co.za) for these.
- • Specific Ts and Cs apply to the overall grand prize. Refer to the Virgin Active website for these.
- • This Quest campaign period runs from 1 March 2021 until 31 August 2021 (both dates included). The prize winners will be chosen by Virgin Active at their discretion and winners will be announced by the 15th of September 2021 when they will be contacted by their Club General Manager.
- • This campaign is open to all Virgin Active Adult members in SA, Namibia and Botswana. This means that, to enter the Competition, you must be 18 years old or older and live in South Africa (being a resident or a citizen) or Namibia or Botswana. Directors and/or Members and/or Agents and/or Promoters and/or Consultants to Promoters and/or Employees and/or Contractors and/or Family members of Virgin Active South Africa and Virgin Active Botswana and any of the aforementioned or their participating partners are not eligible to enter, win or claim the prizes.
- • The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- • The winners will be contacted by email or phone call after the draw. Three attempts will be undertaken to contact the winners. All attempts to contact the winner will be made by email or phone and any other means of contact we have available to us. If there is no response from the winner within 3 days of the initial email / phone call, we will be compelled to pick a new winner. The subsequent winner will then fall into the same above criteria for contact.
- • No prize will be awarded to any person to whom such prize may not be legally awarded including, but not limited to minors under the age of 18 years.
- • The Virgin Active membership account for the winning members must not be in arrears, cancelled or frozen.
- • The Competition may be terminated or extended at any time by the organisers. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive (give up) any rights they may in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse of any kind against the organisers, their participating partners or their promotional agents, unless the circumstances leading to such termination were within the Organiser’s reasonable control.
- • The prizes are non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- • Participants indemnify the organisers and their respective affiliates for any loss or damage that it or its respective affiliates may suffer because of the participant’s breach of these terms and conditions. Consequently, the participants agree to compensate the organisers or their respective affiliates for any loss or damage it suffered (including consequential damages and/or legal expenses incurred) because of the participant’s breach of these terms and conditions. The participants also agree to hold the organisers or their respective affiliates harmless for any claim made against it or their respective affiliates by third parties due to the participant’s breach of these terms and conditions.
- • Prizes may not be awarded if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if the organisers detect and/or suspects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
- • All participants’ indemnify the organisers and any other company associated with the competition and its advertising agencies against any and all claims howsoever from their participation in this competition, unless the circumstances leading to such claim were within the organisers or its advertising agent’s reasonable control.
- • All participants further indemnify the organisers from any claim should this Competition be called off or extended for any reason whatsoever, unless the cancellation of the Competition has regard to any circumstances within the organisers, its participating partners or its promotional agents reasonable control. Consequently, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the organisers or any of its promotional agents.
- • The organisers shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have accrued in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the organisers, its participatory partners or its promotional agents.
- • At the end of the competition all of the organisers’ obligations with regard to the
- Competition, as well as with regard to the prizes, shall cease.
- • These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- • All prize winners agree to have their name and/or photo published on Virgin Active social media channels, as well as the social media channels of the prize sponsor.