- • Adult members (over the age of 18 years) who train at least once during the fourth week in November, i.e. Monday 23 November 2020 to Monday 30 November 2020 (both dates included), stand in line to win fantastic lucky draw prizes.
- • Each visit counts as one entry into the lucky draw for Club and Off-Peak members. Collection, Premier and Premier Select members receive 2 entries per visit per day.
- • Only one visit to Virgin Active per day will count towards the lucky draw.
- • The prizes members can win in week 2 are as follows:
- o 1 x Garmin Forerunner 245Music watch
- o 1 x Springbok rugby jersey
- o 1 x Cricket top
- o 1 x Sorbet R500 voucher
- o 2 x Virgin Active designer kit bags per Club in South Africa
- o 3 x free upgrades to Premier membership for 1 year
- o 25 x Personal Training packs consisting of 4 sessions
Win a Garmin Forerunner 245Music watch:
- • The Garmin Forerunner watch will need to be collected by the winning member from their Virgin Active home club.
- • The winner can choose the colour of the watch from the 3 shades available.
- • The prize cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
Win a Springbok rugby jersey
- • The winner of the rugby jersey will be contacted by their Club General Manager to make arrangements for them to collect their prize from the Club.
- • No change in terms of style, size or colour of the top can be accommodated
Win a South Africa Cricket top:
- • The winner of the cricket top will be contacted by their Club General Manager to make arrangements for them to collect their prize from the Club.
- • No change in terms of style, size or colour of the top can be accommodated
Win a Sorbet voucher:
- • The winner of the Sorbet voucher worth R500 will be contacted by Virgin Active and can expect their voucher to be emailed to them.
- • The voucher cannot be transferred to another member.
- • The voucher cannot be redeemed for cash.
- • This gift card/e-voucher needs to be presented as payment towards your purchase at Sorbet.
- • Should you not utilize the full value of your gift card a credit will remain on the card/e-voucher for future use at Sorbet.
- • Treat this card/e-voucher like cash. This is not a credit card.
- This gift card is only redeemable at any Sorbet store nationwide.
- • The gift card is redeemable on treatments ONLY.
- This card is valid for 3 years from date of issue.
- This card cannot be exchanged for cash or credit or replaced if lost or stolen.
Win a Virgin Active designer kit bag:
- • 2 members from every Virgin Active Club in South Africa will win a limited-edition Virgin Active designer kit bag, including Collection and RED Clubs.
- • The winners will be contacted by Virgin Active and can expect their prize to be delivered to their nearest Virgin Active Club where they will need to collect this.
- • Club General Managers will liaise with the winning members in order make the necessary arrangements around collecting their prize.
Win a Free upgrade to Premier membership status for 1 year:
- • Winning members will have their existing Virgin Active membership at 30 November 2020 upgraded to Premier status for 12 months, starting from 1 December 2020 and finishing on 30 November 2021.
- • The members existing debit order will continue as per current membership status for the 12- month period.
- • Existing Premier members will have a reduction in fees for this period which will be based on their Club 1-year membership rate.
- • Collection members will have a reduction in fees for this period which will be based on the difference between Premier membership and Collection Club rates.
- • Corporate paid memberships will be billed as Club status memberships.
- • Cash upfront members will receive months added on to the end of their membership to make up this value.
- • This time may not be frozen.
- • Membership must not be in arrears during this period.
- • If member cancels during this period, no refund will be due.
Win a Personal Training pack consisting of 4 sessions:
- • 25 members will win a pack of 4 x Personal Training in-Club sessions.
- • These will be in-club sessions in Club with a Personal Trainer assigned to the winner.
- • Club General Managers will be in touch with the winning members to make the necessary arrangements for them to redeem their sessions.
- • The 4 pack is split between 1 consultation and 3 floor sessions.
General Competition Terms and Conditions:
- • Members will automatically be entered into a weekly lucky draw for the prizes based on the number of times they have accessed Virgin Active.
- • Prize winners will be chosen by Virgin Active at their discretion and winners will be announced after each week when they will be contacted by their Club General Manager.
- • The winners will be drawn by random selection.
- • Virgin Active members in Botswana and Namibia will not be entered into the lucky draw for prizes.
- • The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- • The winners will be contacted by email after the draw. Three attempts will be undertaken to contact the winners. All attempts to contact the winner will be made by email or phone and any other means of contact we have available to us. If there is no response from the winner within 3 days of the initial email / phone call, we will be compelled to pick a new winner. The subsequent winner will then fall into the same above criteria for contact.
- • Winners will also be announced on Virgin Active’s social media platforms.
- • No prize will be awarded to any person to whom such prize may not be legally awarded including, but not limited to minors under the age of 18 years.
- • Winning members Virgin Active membership account must not be in arrears, cancelled or frozen.
- • The Competition may be terminated or extended at any time by the organisers. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive (give up) any rights they may in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse of any kind against the organisers, their participating partners or their promotional agents, unless the circumstances leading to such termination were within the Organiser’s reasonable control.
- • To enter the Competition, you must be 18 years old or older and live in South Africa (being a resident or a citizen). Directors and/or Members and/or Agents and/or Promoters and/or Consultants to Promoters and/or Employees and/or Contractors and/or Family members of Virgin Active South Africa and any of the aforementioned or their participating partners are not eligible to enter, win or claim the prizes.
- • Short term, complimentary, tenant memberships are excluded.
- • The prizes are non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- • Members who have won prizes from Virgin Active in the last 3 months will be excluded from this competition.
- • Entrants indemnify the organisers and their respective affiliates for any loss or damage that it or its respective affiliates may suffer because of the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions. Consequently, the Entrants agree to compensate the organisers or their respective affiliates for any loss or damage it suffered (including consequential damages and/or legal expenses incurred) because of the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions. The Entrants also agree to hold the organisers or their respective affiliates harmless for any claim made against it or their respective affiliates by third parties due to the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions.
- • Prizes may not be awarded if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if the organisers detect and/or suspects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
- • All participants’ indemnify the organisers and any other company associated with the competition and its advertising agencies against any and all claims howsoever from their participation in this competition, unless the circumstances leading to such claim were within the organisers or its advertising agent’s reasonable control.
- • All participants further indemnify the organisers from any claim should this Competition be called off or extended for any reason whatsoever, unless the cancellation of the Competition has regard to any circumstances within the organisers, its participating partners or its promotional agents’ reasonable control. Consequently, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the organisers or any of its promotional agents.
- • The organisers shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have accrued in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the organisers, its participatory partners or its promotional agents.
- • At the end of the competition all of the organisers’ obligations with regard to the
- Competition, as well as with regard to the prizes, shall cease.
- • These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.