Coronary Heart Disease is a multi-factorial disease that can be attributed to:
Four Major Risk Factors:
- Lack of Physical Activity
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Cholesterol
Three Minor Risk Factors:
What can be done?
Coronary Heart Disease in the United States has been reduced by 48% in the last 10 years. 83% of US companies offer at least 1 health promotion activity. Every single study conducted into Corporate Health Promotion Programmes has proved that they:
- Decrease absenteeism
- Improve employee morale
- Reduce Health Care cost per individual over 5 years
Research has proved one critical factor can modify all the risk factors associated with Coronary Heart Disease and other chronic diseases of lifestyle
The Benefits of Exercise:
- Exercise reduces Blood Pressure
- Exercise reduces Cholesterol
- Exercise reduces and manages weight
- Exercisers are less likely to smoke
- Exercise reduces stress
- Exercise reduces the risk of osteoporosis
- Exercise improves insulin sensitivity
- Exercise increases longevity
The Benefits of Regular Exercise
- Tones and firms up body definition by increasing lean muscle tissue and decreasing body fat.
- Increases your self confidence and self-esteem by enhancing your overall fitness levels and general well-being.
- Decreases the risk of Coronary Heart Disease.
- Increases your strength and endurance levels, allowing improved physical capabilities.
- Strengthens bones and reduces risk of osteoporosis in women.
- Facilitates weight loss through improved metabolic rate.
- Affords you the opportunity to experience your fullest potential.
Exercise & Hypertension
Exercise & Smoking
Exercise & Cholesterol
Exercise & Osteoporosis