Exercise - Education - Fun
Club-V Max is a fee-based fitness experience for children, which aims to introduce children to exercise in a fun way with a focus on the premise that it ‘feels good to exercise’.
Children today are definitely not as active as they used to be - school playing fields are either non-existent or very small; most schools offer limited Physical Education or nothing at all, and parents use their cars to drop their children off wherever they need to be. The lack of physical exercise as a result of the above is on the increase and it is therefore, more than likely that our younger generation will be less active.
What are the benefits of children participating in exercise?
- The reinforcement of healthy habits from a young age – these children aremore likely to continue an active lifestyle into adulthood.
- Helps to reduce calorie intake and plays an important role in addressing the problem of obesity.
- The risks of coronary heart disease, osteoporosis and degenerative
diseases are reduced.
What is Club-V Max?
- Club-V Max is a dedicated area within the club geared at the children market – based on the concept of a ‘Club within a Club’ and consisting of various zones/nodes, totally designed with children in mind.
- The Club-V Max product caters for children from 6wks to 13yrs old; specific age groups are grouped together: under 3’s (from 6 weeks), 3 – 6 year olds, 7 – 11 year olds, and 12 – 13 year olds.
- Careful thought has gone into the activities Club-V Max offers – the programme includes fun group fitness activities for children that are studio and pool based.
Club-V Max offers basic arts and crafts, and even technology is taken care of by integrating this into the fitness activity offering and providing interactive PlayStation games where possible.
What does Club-V Max look like?
- Toddlz: care centre for under 3 year olds, which includes a playroom, cot room and toddlers toilet and basin.
- Big A: climb, slide and crash padded activity station (as at McDonalds or Jimmy Jungles … just bigger and better).
- Active Alley: a multi-functional studio where a variety of fun, age-sensitive fitness programmes are executed.
- Apollo 12: a place to relax, housing a big screen TV, big couch & foosball; a high tech area with PC’s and PlayStations … or a place to do homework; also includes a colourful area where basic arts & crafts happen.
Active Alley classes/activities include:
- Adventure Circuits
- Aerokidz Aerojam
- Team Combat / Teen Combat
- Cycle Mania / Teen Revolution
- Sports Conditioning- Sports specific programme
- Parachute and Bounce Activities
- Tearless and Fearless – a movement programme for 3 – 6yr olds
- Splash – a fun, water based activity programme for 7 to 13 year olds (the Clubs aqua pool is utilised for this programme)
- We also offer Club-V Max Birthday Parties fo kids aged 3 to 13 years old.
Why Club-V Max for your children?
- Club-V Max will introduce your children to exercise in a fun way;
- Club-V Max will assist you as a parent with the reinforcement of healthy habits from a young age;
- Club-V Max will enable you as a parent to enjoy your workout with the knowledge that your children are participating in activities that are fun and enjoyable (activities that you approve of!); while at the same time have some kind of educational value too. More importantly your children will be taken care of in a secure and fully supervised environment; and Club-V Max will offer cool and funky children stuff – you’ll have your children begging you to come and exercise!
Advantages & Benefits of the Club-V Max product
- Security: tight security measures are adopted (as a Club-V member, children will have their own Club-V access card, which must be used to access the Club and Club-V Max; and the Club-V Receptionist will manage access and exit of children by personally ensuring that parents sign children in and out of Club-V Max).
- Supervision: all Club-V Max activities are fully supervised by qualified staff specifically trained to deliver children’ fitness programmes and other activities (allowing parents peace of mind enabling them to participate in their own ‘fun’ activities in the club).
- Education and Learning: provide children with structured, supervised fun activities, as well as health & fitness education in which they are being educated without them even knowing it – children learn through playing, exercising and having fun.
Club-V Max Operating Hours
- Mondays - Fridays: 8:00am - 8pm
- Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays: 8:00am - 7pm
The following clubs can be contacted for more information on Club-V Max membership prices:
- Bedfordview Virgin Active on (011) 455 1870
- Broadacres Virgin Active on (011) 467 8131
- Centurion Virgin Active on (012) 665 0304
- Claremont Virgin Active on (021) 684 3800
- Gateway Virgin Active on (031) 566 5154
- Little Falls Virgin Active on (011) 475 4107
- Steenberg Virgin Active on (021) 702 4121
- Sunninghill Virgin Active on (011) 807 6426